The inbox displays all the messages of a particular folder. This is the default location for all incoming mail. If you have setup filters to move incoming messages or have manually moved messages, then some may also be located in other folders. If you configure a Mails per page limit, the buttons 'Next', 'Previous', 'First', and 'Last' will be displayed as appropriate to help you when browsing the listing. The number of read and unread messages is displayed at the upper right portion of this window. Below this is a summary of your disk usage. Please note that if your mailbox becomes full, additional incoming messages will be rejected and returned to the sender if possible. We recommend deleting unnecessary messages often.
The features in additional mailbox folders, which you may have created, perform in an identical manner as the inbox.
- To read a message, click on the sender name or subject. Unread messages are displayed in bold text.
- To check your mail on external servers, click 'Check mail'. This feature is for those who are also using this webmail to collect mail from email accounts on other servers.
- To empty your trash, click 'Empty Trash'.
- To search messages for specific content or attributes, click 'Find'.
- To open a folder where other messages may be stored, select it from the drop down menu and click 'Jump to'.
- To change the field by which your messages are sorted, click a column header. Click it again to reverse the current sort order. Messages may be sorted by any of the columns.
- To delete messages, select the checkbox next to the appropriate messages and click 'Delete'.
- To move messages to another folder, select the appropriate checkboxes, select the destination folder from the drop down menu, and then click 'Move to'.
- To toggle the flag of messages, select the appropriate checkboxes and click 'Flag'. This is used to let you know there is something special about a particular message.
Inbox » Message Find
The Find feature helps you to locate messages on all your folders including the Inbox, Sent Items, Drafts, Trash, and any user created folders. Users may search all or part of their mail using a wide variety of parameters. To search for messages, follow these steps:
- Select the type of message you want to search: all messages, read, unread, flagged, not flagged, answered, not answered, or draft.
- Enter the word to search for and then select if you want it to be searched on the subject, body, or entire message.
- Enter the name or e-mail of the person that sent the message (if any).
- Enter the name or e-mail of the recipient of the message (if any).
- If you want to narrow the search, select the size and/or date of the message.
- Select the folders that you wish to search or click 'Select All' to search all folders.
- You must have at least one search parameter. All others are optional, but the more that you use, the more refined your search results will be.
- Click 'Find'.
When composing messages, you may click 'Save Draft' in order to save your message in its current state. This will allow you to continue working on it at a later date. Drafts of messages are stored in the Drafts folder.
- To open a draft message and continue working on it, click the message name.
- IMPORTANT: Drafts MUST be either saved or sent each time they are opened. If you open a draft and then do not save or send it, it is lost.
When messages are deleted they are moved to the Trash folder. They remain there until you click 'Empty Trash'. You should regularly empty your trash in order to help prevent your mailbox from becoming full. You may also choose to have your trash automatically emptied whenever you log out by selecting 'Empty trash at logout' in the configuration section.
- To empty the trash immediately, click 'Empty Trash'.